Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sstires

Default Headers in Merged Tables

With the help of this group, I was able to set up my WP merge tables in Word.
I am, however, having difficulty with the report titles and header rows. In
the WP merge document, the header rows and title of the report are entered in
the unmerged document . In Word, if I insert the header row and title of the
report before the document is merged, it creates a separate table for each
record. Can someone provide some insight as to how to have the header rows
and title appear only once? Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The simple way is to include them as the first record in the data source.

Or, see the item "Define Text to precede and follow a catalog merge" on
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's web site at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sstires" wrote in message
With the help of this group, I was able to set up my WP merge tables in
Word.
I am, however, having difficulty with the report titles and header rows.
In
the WP merge document, the header rows and title of the report are entered
in
the unmerged document . In Word, if I insert the header row and title of
the
report before the document is merged, it creates a separate table for each
record. Can someone provide some insight as to how to have the header
rows
and title appear only once? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tables setting multiple section breaks with multiple headers [email protected] Tables 1 January 19th 06 10:05 AM
tables and headers LindaS Tables 1 December 22nd 05 02:50 AM
Repeating Headers Footers and tables across multiple documents? DBD Page Layout 7 December 9th 05 05:38 PM
Word should be able to sort tables with merged cells outspokengolem Tables 1 April 16th 05 07:21 AM
Using Tables in Headers & Footers Redglide90 Tables 1 December 23rd 04 07:46 PM