Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vern1412

Default How do I get a picture to email using merge?

I cannot get a picture included with text to send using email merge. The
text is being sent without the picture. I can copy the document into Outlook
Express and it mails ok. Just not when I send using email merger.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Word merge to e-mail can only do:
a. merge to a plain text message that is sent as the body of the e-mail
b. merge to an attachment
c. merge to HTML format, but that is only possible if the e-mail client
supports the necessary interface with Word. As far as I'm aware, only the
full Outlook does that, and merge to HTML may not work with anything in
fully up-to-date patched versions of Word.

In other words, (b) is the only option for e-mailing documents with pictures
via OE using MailMerge.

You might be able to do something by merging to a document, splitting the
output into multiple Word files, then opening them one by one and sending
them. Not sure if that is feasible, but splitter macros are frequently
referenced or posted in this group, and there is more info about automating
sending to e-mail at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm

Peter Jamieson
"Vern1412" wrote in message
I cannot get a picture included with text to send using email merge. The
text is being sent without the picture. I can copy the document into
Outlook
Express and it mails ok. Just not when I send using email merger.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The problem is that the fields in the document are not being updated when
you execute to email. If you were to use Outlook rather than Outlook
Express, you could use the information in the following article to sent the
picture as an attachment to the email

"Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

Alternatively, you would have to execute the merge to a new document and
then separate that document into individual documents and email them. Once
again, if you are using Outlook, this could be automated. If it's only a
one off and not too many to deal with, it may just be easier to do it
manually, though the information in "Individual Merge Letters" item on
fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

could be used to split the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

email merge jpodell Mailmerge 4 June 5th 07 07:53 PM
selecting an email account for email merge? Terryl Mailmerge 1 February 1st 06 04:57 AM
Email merge not working TC Mailmerge 1 January 6th 06 06:48 AM
including email message with "mail merge with attachment" Lu Mailmerge 0 February 17th 05 09:51 PM
Problems when performing a HTML email merge using Word 2003 Elise ~*~ via OfficeKB.com Mailmerge 3 January 31st 05 05:48 AM