Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle

Default Macro after merging

Is there a way to make a macro automatically run after a merge is complete?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

In essence, you can either
a. use the Word Mailmerge Events, in which case you should be able to run a
post-merge macro
b. initiate the merge itself from a macro using the Execute method, then do
whatever you want in the code following that.

If you are always merging to a new document, you might also be able to do
something at the point the user saves/closes the new document using the
standard Auto macros etc.

Peter Jamieson
"Michelle" wrote in message
Is there a way to make a macro automatically run after a merge is
complete?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle

Thanks so much for responding. I did read an article about events, and I am
sorry to say it was like Greek to me.

The merge is actually being initiated from a legal database program so I
can't use your second suggestion.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

The merge is actually being initiated from a legal database program so I
can't use your second suggestion.

You may well be right, but it does depend on what the program is actually
doing to initiate the merge and what you need the user to be able to do. If
it is automating Word itself, executing the merge etc., then you are stuck
with that. But if it is just loading the document and leaving the user to
perform the merge, then you may be able to use an AutoOpen macro to do what
you need, or use some other approach that relies on the user to do the right
thing, e.g. click a button when they are ready to merge in order to invoke
your macro.

If it's a general-purpose legal database system I'd guess it would have some
flexibility in this area.

As for the events, they sometimes look like Greek to me too. My general view
is that you're probably better off avoiding them if you can.

Peter Jamieson

"Michelle" wrote in message
Thanks so much for responding. I did read an article about events, and I
am
sorry to say it was like Greek to me.

The merge is actually being initiated from a legal database program so I
can't use your second suggestion.

macro produces error message Kimmie B Microsoft Word Help 11 March 14th 06 11:25 PM
Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Macro Button Won't Stay on Toolbar caleb Microsoft Word Help 2 June 14th 05 11:59 PM
Possible bug when recording a Word Macro Raven95 Microsoft Word Help 4 April 30th 05 09:49 PM
2000 to 2002 macro and "Could not open macro storage" Art Farrell Mailmerge 1 December 6th 04 12:40 PM