Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OU_MartynF

Default Section pages problem

I am using the {SECTIONPAGES} filed in a merge document with Word 2003.

If I merge the document straight to the printer everyhting is fine.
However, if I merge to a new document then the numbering appears out of
sequence.

I have tried updating all fields manually before I perform the merge but the
same thing happens.

Is there a way to force an update of fields automatically before merging to
a new document similar to merging to a printer ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martyn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Have you tried doing a Print Preview, Close on the document created by
executing the merge?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"OU_MartynF" wrote in message
I am using the {SECTIONPAGES} filed in a merge document with Word 2003.

If I merge the document straight to the printer everyhting is fine.
However, if I merge to a new document then the numbering appears out of
sequence.

I have tried updating all fields manually before I perform the merge but
the
same thing happens.

Is there a way to force an update of fields automatically before merging
a new document similar to merging to a printer ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OU_MartynF

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your response.

I have tried this and it does change (refresh) the values but unfortunatley
it still does not create the correctly sequenced numbers.

Thanks

Martyn

"OU_MartynF" wrote in message
I am using the {SECTIONPAGES} filed in a merge document with Word 2003.

If I merge the document straight to the printer everyhting is fine.
However, if I merge to a new document then the numbering appears out of
sequence.

I have tried updating all fields manually before I perform the merge but
the
same thing happens.

Is there a way to force an update of fields automatically before merging
a new document similar to merging to a printer ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OU_MartynF

It's quite difficult to explain but I'll try.

If we take a 6 page document double sided we are putting the following on
every second page :-

1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3

When we merge this to a new document we will get :-

1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 2

When we then do a print preview and close we get :-

1 of 1
2 of 3
3 of 2

If we do a second print preview and close we get :-

1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 2

I hope this makes sense !

Thanks for your help

Martyn

"OU_MartynF" wrote in message
I am using the {SECTIONPAGES} filed in a merge document with Word 2003.

If I merge the document straight to the printer everyhting is fine.
However, if I merge to a new document then the numbering appears out of
sequence.

I have tried updating all fields manually before I perform the merge
but
the
same thing happens.

Is there a way to force an update of fields automatically before
merging
a new document similar to merging to a printer ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Martyn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you want to send me the mailmerge main document, I will take a look at it
and try and see what is happening.

adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
How to delete section without deleting the section formatting? Raj Microsoft Word Help 4 December 27th 05 11:05 PM
Page X of Y, where Y is total # of pages in section... Raymond Microsoft Word Help 2 August 17th 05 12:41 AM
Printing Page Ranges with page numbers i-iv then 1-23 for 27 total Scott Page Layout 2 February 9th 05 02:49 AM
Using section breaks with formated (styles) pages misscoleen Page Layout 1 January 7th 05 03:40 AM