Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carolyn M

Default Add related subform to mail merge document

I have mail merged a document into Word from an Access query. I now want to
add a subform that would typcially have several records for each one related
record in the Word document. They are linked by StudentID. It is a one to
many relationship. Can I identify another source for another merge for the
subform?
--
Col
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I would just use an Access Report for the whole thing. Word does not have
the ability to do it easily.

See http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

Or "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Carolyn M" wrote in message
I have mail merged a document into Word from an Access query. I now want
add a subform that would typcially have several records for each one
related
record in the Word document. They are linked by StudentID. It is a one
many relationship. Can I identify another source for another merge for
the
subform?
--
Col

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carolyn M

Thanks for your help. I am more familiar with Access and have done lots of
reports incuding adding subforms. Where I am struggling there is how to
format the text boxes to a letter layout and inserting the necessary fields
at the same time. I will pose my question of formatting to the Access
people. Thanks again.
--
Col