Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dale

Default Problem with percents

I work at a school. Our secretary has a list of students who are
frequently tardy in an Excel file. One of the columns is the percent of
days the child is tardy. She wants to merge this file into a Word 2003
file. The merging went fine, but when the percent is merged into Word,
the percent is now a decimal. How do I format the Word document to show
percent, not a decimal? Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the mail merge main document, press Alt+f9 to display the field codes.
Then modify it to the following

{ = { MERGEFIELD [fieldname] } * 100 \# "0.0%" }

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Update problem Roy Smith New Users 2 October 12th 05 10:47 PM
winmail.dat problem Bipsy Microsoft Word Help 2 August 30th 05 05:39 AM
Wordwrapping problem when Korean fonts used micro420 Microsoft Word Help 0 August 10th 05 09:56 PM
Attaching Expansion Pack to Word Documents - Puzzling Problem Jose Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 10:14 AM
Word Problem w/Auto Text and Spell Check and Crashing HW Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 04:59 AM