Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cynthia

Default percentages change when mail merge from excel

after mail merge, I can't get the percentage to format correctly. I have
checked confirm conversion at home, tried MS excel worksheets via DDE, and
changed to text, edited the fields. Nothing seems to be working. The
closest I've gotten was that it showed the percent but had the decimal point
at the beginning on of the number, i.e. ".44%" instead of "44%".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In the mail merge main document, press Alt+f9 to display the field codes.
Then modify it to the following

{ = { MERGEFIELD [fieldname] } * 100 \# "0%" }

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cynthia" wrote in message
after mail merge, I can't get the percentage to format correctly. I have
checked confirm conversion at home, tried MS excel worksheets via DDE, and
changed to text, edited the fields. Nothing seems to be working. The
closest I've gotten was that it showed the percent but had the decimal
point
at the beginning on of the number, i.e. ".44%" instead of "44%".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cynthia

I've tried this and I get a syntax error, I've even just tried copying the
whole statement and just changing the fieldname and it doesn't work.

"Cynthia" wrote in message
after mail merge, I can't get the percentage to format correctly. I have
checked confirm conversion at home, tried MS excel worksheets via DDE, and
changed to text, edited the fields. Nothing seems to be working. The
closest I've gotten was that it showed the percent but had the decimal
point
at the beginning on of the number, i.e. ".44%" instead of "44%".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Copying it definitely will not work. You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each
pair of field delimiters { }