Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sparky

Default Merge speed

I have about 9000 names and address of clients in an MS access 2000
table. To print one off letters and other docs I use MS Word mail
merge and find the client with the mail merge find tool in MS word. My
problem is the time taken to find the records from MS word
particularly as the number of records increases. Is there anyway I can
make Word search quicker? PC is top spec 3Ghz 1GB ram etc.

I prefer to use Word as the letters are pretty ad hoc so a report in
Access is not so easy.

Sparky.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Take a look at the single document merge item on the following page of
Albert Kallal's website at:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal...rge/index.html

and do the locating of the record in Access.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP