Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marge

Default Mailmerge - Word & Access - Incorect Data

I am using a MS Access 2003 Query and merging into a MS Word 2003 document. I
am having trouble with three of the dozens of calculated fields I am merging.
In Access the value in the first caclulated field is 450 (Correct). In the
merged document it is -125. In access, I checked the data sheet, and the
form. Both have 450. I exported it to excel and the excel field alos shows
450. I created a new field with the same calulation in Access (Expr1) I get
the same results when I added that field to the Word Document. I finally
entered a calculation into the Word document and that provides the correct
number (450) but I really prefer to do all the calculations only in the
Access Query. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
--
Marge
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What is the calculation in the Query (copy and paste the SQL into a message)

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Marge" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marge

I still do not know what went wrong, but I did get it working. I started a
brand new document, selecting DDE, and copied the old document into the new
one. Then I reinserted the 3 mergefields that were not displaying the
correct numbers. (I also left the old ones just for comparison purposes.
The mergefields I newly inserted displayed the correct numbers, while the
same fields I copied from the old document did not.

Here is the calculation for one of the fields copied from the Build
statement: Simple.
Incentive Last Month Rent Deposit: [Standard Last Month Rent]-[Actual Last
Month Rent]
--
Tank you for your reply!
Marge

"Marge" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I think that you are likely to get problems with field names that include
spaces - Incentive Last Month Rent Deposit

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word Mailmerge with Access via DDE Jim Gilligan Mailmerge 0 November 22nd 05 01:21 PM