Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Default Formatting not showing correctly

I am using Word 2002. I have a file which was created by someone else and
is emailed to me monthly, part of it (three lines) do not appear correctly
on my monitor (20" LCD). I thought at first maybe it was because I did not
have two particular fonts. I installed these but the lines still don't show
correctly.

The lines are aligned to the right and the top line wraps around when it
shouldn't and this causes the third bottom line not to show at all.

However I have just discovered that the same file does appear correctly on
my Laptop. So is this related to display instead?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

More likely it is related to the printer that is the active printer on your
computer with the 20" monitor.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I am using Word 2002. I have a file which was created by someone else and
is emailed to me monthly, part of it (three lines) do not appear correctly
on my monitor (20" LCD). I thought at first maybe it was because I did not
have two particular fonts. I installed these but the lines still don't
show correctly.

The lines are aligned to the right and the top line wraps around when it
shouldn't and this causes the third bottom line not to show at all.

However I have just discovered that the same file does appear correctly on
my Laptop. So is this related to display instead?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

I have looked in all the places I can think of but can't find the answer to
which drivers are installed on the two PCs. I can see what the current one
is by going to the makers website but can't locate them on the actual PC's.
Can you please point me to where to look.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I am using Word 2002. I have a file which was created by someone else
and is emailed to me monthly, part of it (three lines) do not appear
correctly on my monitor (20" LCD). I thought at first maybe it was
because I did not have two particular fonts. I installed these but the
lines still don't show correctly.

The lines are aligned to the right and the top line wraps around when
it shouldn't and this causes the third bottom line not to show at all.

However I have just discovered that the same file does appear correctly
on my Laptop. So is this related to display instead?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

I now have that information. Both machines are the same brand running the
same manufacturers pre-installed OEM versions of Windows XP Home. They have
the same drivers for the one printer.

Thanks for any advice re this problem.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I am using Word 2002. I have a file which was created by someone
else and is emailed to me monthly, part of it (three lines) do not
appear correctly on my monitor (20" LCD). I thought at first maybe
it was because I did not have two particular fonts. I installed
these but the lines still don't show correctly.

The lines are aligned to the right and the top line wraps around
when it shouldn't and this causes the third bottom line not to show
at all. However I have just discovered that the same file does appear
correctly on my Laptop. So is this related to display instead?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Try the following.
Close Word.
Rename normal.dot on the machine that displays incorrectly to oldnormal.dot.
Copy normal.dot from the other PC to the errant one.
Restart Word.

B.W. wrote:
Both the desktop PC and laptop are networked together so they use
the same printer.

TIA

B.W.

More likely it is related to the printer that is the active printer
on your computer with the 20" monitor.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I am using Word 2002. I have a file which was created by someone
else and is emailed to me monthly, part of it (three lines) do not
appear correctly on my monitor (20" LCD). I thought at first
maybe it was because I did not have two particular fonts. I
installed these but the lines still don't show correctly.

The lines are aligned to the right and the top line wraps around
when it shouldn't and this causes the third bottom line not to
show at all. However I have just discovered that the same file
does appear correctly on my Laptop. So is this related to
display instead? TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Thanks for that, I have tried this and it seems to change the spacing a
little to what I was seeing previously but the text is still not wrapping
correctly.

Looks like I may have to change it every time, thank you for everybody's
help.

B.W.