Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MZB MZB is offline

Default screen shot in word--can I....

I used the Prnt Screen key to store a screen in my clipboard and save it in
Word 97.

I want to get it to a friend who does not have WORD (he has WORKS).

Is there some way to save it as a picture?? (.jpg).

Any other suggestions??

Mel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Mzb,

Windows comes with an Accessory named "Paint". This is a fairly rudimentary
graphics program, but you can Edit/Paste into that, then save as a file.

I used the Prnt Screen key to store a screen in my clipboard and save it in
Word 97.

I want to get it to a friend who does not have WORD (he has WORKS).

Is there some way to save it as a picture?? (.jpg).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

SnagIt
http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.asp

Awesome program!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MZB" wrote in message
I used the Prnt Screen key to store a screen in my clipboard and save it in
Word 97.

I want to get it to a friend who does not have WORD (he has WORKS).

Is there some way to save it as a picture?? (.jpg).

Any other suggestions??

Mel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There's no reason he can't paste the screen shot into a Works document just
as easily as Word, but Works presumably doesn't allow the user to save as a
Web page, which is the usual way to extract it as a JPEG. As Cindy
suggested, you could paste it into Microsoft Paint, and this may be the
option if the friend doesn't want to spend the modest cost of SnagIt, which,
however, I second JoAnn in highly recommending.