Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert M Jones Robert M Jones is offline

Default View headers and footers - W2003

How can I get a default view that includes the headers and footers? At
the moment I have to select this for each new document. I have also
tried creating a new template and saving it after viewing the headers
and footers but even new docs based on that new template still view with
header and footer concealed.
I like to see my top and bottom margins!
Many thanks.

Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition, and Win XP Home
--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Robert,

How can I get a default view that includes the headers and footers? At
the moment I have to select this for each new document. I have also
tried creating a new template and saving it after viewing the headers
and footers but even new docs based on that new template still view with
header and footer concealed.
I like to see my top and bottom margins!
Many thanks.

Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition, and Win XP Home

Look in Tools/Options/View. In the third section there's a checkbox for
"White space between pages". I'm guessing that's not checked. Try checking
it and see if that does what you're looking for?

If that's it, you can also toggle this by clicking at the "edge" of a
"piece of paper".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert M Jones Robert M Jones is offline

Cindy M. wrote:
Hi Robert,

How can I get a default view that includes the headers and footers? At
the moment I have to select this for each new document. I have also
tried creating a new template and saving it after viewing the headers
and footers but even new docs based on that new template still view with
header and footer concealed.
I like to see my top and bottom margins!
Many thanks.

Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition, and Win XP Home

Look in Tools/Options/View. In the third section there's a checkbox for
"White space between pages". I'm guessing that's not checked. Try checking
it and see if that does what you're looking for?

If that's it, you can also toggle this by clicking at the "edge" of a
"piece of paper".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

That seems to have done the trick - many thanks.

--
Rev Robert M Jones, Wimborne Baptist Church, UK
http://www.wimborne-baptist.org.uk
Free trial of Mailwasher Pro - effective email spam filter - (commission
goes to our partners in Bulgaria)
http://fta.firetrust.com/index.cgi?id=420
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
George A. Yorks George A. Yorks is offline

I have designed a letterhead using word. I've saved it typed a letter on the
page print view and the typing is visible but the graphic letterhead is not,
print the page and the graphic does not print. There has to be a setting I'm
missing
--
George

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi Robert,

How can I get a default view that includes the headers and footers? At
the moment I have to select this for each new document. I have also
tried creating a new template and saving it after viewing the headers
and footers but even new docs based on that new template still view with
header and footer concealed.
I like to see my top and bottom margins!
Many thanks.

Office 2003 Student and Teacher edition, and Win XP Home

Look in Tools/Options/View. In the third section there's a checkbox for
"White space between pages". I'm guessing that's not checked. Try checking
it and see if that does what you're looking for?

If that's it, you can also toggle this by clicking at the "edge" of a
"piece of paper".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

ToolsOptionsPrint and check that the Drawing Objects item is checked.
Also under ToolsOptionsView, make sure that that the Picture Placed
Holders box is not checked.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"George A. Yorks" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have designed a letterhead using word. I've saved it typed a letter on
the
page print view and the typing is visible but the graphic letterhead is
not,
print the page and the graphic does not print. There has to be a setting
I'm
missing
--
George