Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Macro not working on other pc's

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to unprotect the form
and insert additional lines. When I open the template, the macro shows up
under the template in question (not just on the normal template). Does
anyone know why the macro won't work or display on other pc's? I tried to
use the organizer to copy from one template to another without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have almost certainly saved the macro in your own normal.dot template
and not in the document template. With the document template open for
editing you can move the code from the new macros module to the document
template - http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm should help.

akkrug wrote:
I have created a new template and added a macro to it to unprotect
the form and insert additional lines. When I open the template, the
macro shows up under the template in question (not just on the normal
template). Does anyone know why the macro won't work or display on
other pc's? I tried to use the organizer to copy from one template
to another without much success.

Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One question, When I
selected macros and chose only the template I wanted, shouldn't that display
only the macros in that template and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote:

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to unprotect the form
and insert additional lines. When I open the template, the macro shows up
under the template in question (not just on the normal template). Does
anyone know why the macro won't work or display on other pc's? I tried to
use the organizer to copy from one template to another without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Yes it should, but there again I don't know what you have copied to that
template from normal.dot when you were messing with the Organiser,

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One question,
When I selected macros and chose only the template I wanted,
shouldn't that display only the macros in that template and not the
normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to unprotect
the form and insert additional lines. When I open the template, the
macro shows up under the template in question (not just on the
normal template). Does anyone know why the macro won't work or
display on other pc's? I tried to use the organizer to copy from
one template to another without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

I restored my NORMAL.DOT template to the version prior to the addition of the
addlines macro. I then keyed the new macro and made it available to the new
template only. Should this work or do I have to create a module?

Thanks for your patience!!

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One question,
When I selected macros and chose only the template I wanted,
shouldn't that display only the macros in that template and not the
normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to unprotect
the form and insert additional lines. When I open the template, the
macro shows up under the template in question (not just on the
normal template). Does anyone know why the macro won't work or
display on other pc's? I tried to use the organizer to copy from
one template to another without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Graham,

I am continuing to struggle with this. I tried using the new macro on one
of my coworker's pc's and it couldn't find the macro to run it. The tool bar
popped up, but the macro didn't run when I pressed it. I noticed that the
macro shows up under TemplateProject (NewRick) under Modules NewMacros.

Help!!!!

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the template I
wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros in that template and
not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to unprotect
the form and insert additional lines. When I open the template,
the macro shows up under the template in question (not just on the
normal template). Does anyone know why the macro won't work or
display on other pc's? I tried to use the organizer to copy from
one template to another without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It seems you have your button pointing to the version in your normal.dot.
You will need to reassociate the button (replace it) with the macro now in
the template.

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the template I
wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros in that template
and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to
unprotect the form and insert additional lines. When I open the
template, the macro shows up under the template in question (not
just on the normal template). Does anyone know why the macro
won't work or display on other pc's? I tried to use the
organizer to copy from one template to another without much
success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Hi Graham,

You are going to shoot me soon. The macro works great on my pc and one of my
co-worker's pc's. It doesn't work on all of them though. I displayed all
macros in my NORMAL template and it isn't there. It is only in the Template
project Ulinski. My VB Editor display is as follows:
+ Normal (NORMAL)
+ TemplateProject (NewSpell)
+ TemplateProject (Rick1)
- TemplateProject (Ulinski)
- Microsoft Word Objects
ThisDocument
- Modules
AddLines
The properties windows shows Addlines Module and below that is has (Name)
Addlines. I deleted the old toolbar and added a new one with the Addlines
macro on it and still no luck with some of our pc's.

Thanks again for all your help with this!

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the template I
wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros in that template
and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to
unprotect the form and insert additional lines. When I open the
template, the macro shows up under the template in question (not
just on the normal template). Does anyone know why the macro
won't work or display on other pc's? I tried to use the
organizer to copy from one template to another without much
success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Graham,

I just mailed the file to . If that is not the correct
address, please let me know and I'll try again.

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Zip up the template and mail it to my (corrected) e-mail address.

My web site
www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the template I
wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros in that template
and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to
unprotect the form and insert additional lines. When I open
the template, the macro shows up under the template in
question (not just on the normal template). Does anyone know
why the macro won't work or display on other pc's? I tried to
use the organizer to copy from one template to another without
much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have replied, but for the benefit of anyone else interested, your form
works fine. If some users are having problems the likely explanation is that
the macro is disabled through Word's macro security settings.

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the template I
wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros in that
template and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to
unprotect the form and insert additional lines. When I open
the template, the macro shows up under the template in
question (not just on the normal template). Does anyone know
why the macro won't work or display on other pc's? I tried
to use the organizer to copy from one template to another
without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Graham,

I took the file to the pc in question and the user had two monitors. The
Word document was on one and the button for the macro was on the other. I
was able to drag & drop the button to the form and it worked for him. The
only problem I have now is that when I try to change the color of some of the
text on the form and save the dot file, the button disappears. If I
unprotect the dot file and look at the available macros, the addline macro is
missing? Any idea what I'm doing wrong now??

Thanks for the help.

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the template I
wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros in that
template and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to
unprotect the form and insert additional lines. When I open
the template, the macro shows up under the template in
question (not just on the normal template). Does anyone know
why the macro won't work or display on other pc's? I tried
to use the organizer to copy from one template to another
without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't know anything about double monitor installations, though I cannot
imagine any mechanism involved that would cause saving a template to delete
a macro contained in that template.

If you need colour on your form, apply it with paragraph/character styles
from the outset.

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the
template I wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros
in that template and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to
unprotect the form and insert additional lines. When I
open the template, the macro shows up under the template in
question (not just on the normal template). Does anyone
know why the macro won't work or display on other pc's? I
tried to use the organizer to copy from one template to
another without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

I re-booted my pc and was then able to change the color and save the file
without losing the button or macro. Thanks for all your help with this!!
--
akkrug

akkrug wrote:
Thanks Graham. Idiot's guide should work well for me! One
question, When I selected macros and chose only the
template I wanted, shouldn't that display only the macros
in that template and not the normal template?

Thanks again for the help!!!

I have created a new template and added a macro to it to
unprotect the form and insert additional lines. When I
open the template, the macro shows up under the template in
question (not just on the normal template). Does anyone
know why the macro won't work or display on other pc's? I
tried to use the organizer to copy from one template to
another without much success.

Thanks for the help!
--
akkrug