Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian Ian is offline

Default Force document save from template

I have a document template that is a protected form.
After the user fills it in I want to force a save to a particular folder
(ideally I would have it grab data from the first two fields in the form to
generate the save field). It's a product order form.

For instance, the template is called product order the first form text field
is job number and the second is order number. OnClose I'd like the Save As
window to come up to a folder I specify ("old orders") with the default name
[job number]-[ordernumber].doc. Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you have a little knowledge of VBA macro programming, you can use
the information at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...tSavePrint.htm.

If you need help, post the question in the VBA newsgroup
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a.beginner s).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman