Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] baobob@my-deja.com is offline

Default Recently Used File List checkbox is disabled.

My recently-installed Word 2002 (10.2627.2625) Tools / Options /
General tab / Recently-used-file-list checkbox is disabled (and its
Entries box is blank, instead of my desired Word's-max of 9.)

So Word fails to display any MRU files on the File menu.

Moreover, it seems to be the ONLY option in Tools / Options that is
erroneously disabled.

I've searched the Registry for a relevant controlling key but found
none.

I do have TweakUI installed on my Win 2K, but its Clear Document
History isn't enabled (if that's relevant).

Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks.

***

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab ab is offline

I would love to clear the My Recent Documents on the Open box of Word 2003.
I have checked Clear Document History in Tweak UI but the list of shortcuts
still appears.

"Rick" wrote in message
In TweakUI, the entry you want is "Maintain Document History."

wrote:
My recently-installed Word 2002 (10.2627.2625) Tools / Options /
General tab / Recently-used-file-list checkbox is disabled (and its
Entries box is blank, instead of my desired Word's-max of 9.)

So Word fails to display any MRU files on the File menu.

Moreover, it seems to be the ONLY option in Tools / Options that is
erroneously disabled.

I've searched the Registry for a relevant controlling key but found
none.

I do have TweakUI installed on my Win 2K, but its Clear Document
History isn't enabled (if that's relevant).

Anyone know what's wrong? Thanks.

***

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] baobob@my-deja.com is offline

Thanks to garfield-n-odie for the Microsoft support link. That is an
excellent page by MS, and it certainly fixed the problem.

TweakUI is an absolute necessity in defeating MS's otherwise perverse,
half-thought-out interface defaults.

However, TweakUI is awfully non-intuitive here for putting this feature
under the "IE" tab.

Thanks again.

***

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab ab is offline

In Word 2003, it's helpful to have a list of 9 previously opened documents
but on File Open... My Recent Documents, I would like to remove this list.
Is the TweakUI solution a case of 'either/or' or can I not have one without
the other?

ups.com...