Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Maestro Mysterieux Maestro Mysterieux is offline

Default changing icon size in equation editor's dialog box

I use the equation editor.
It displays a dialog box of menus for selecting all the special math
symbols. The symbols and icons in this box are too small for me to
read without a real effort.

Is there a way I can increase the size of this stuff?

Alan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 22-Aug-2006, Maestro Mysterieux wrote:

I use the equation editor. It displays a dialog box of menus for
selecting all the special math symbols. The symbols and
icons in this box are too small for me to read without a real
effort.

Is there a way I can increase the size of this stuff?

Not in Equation Editor, no. However, there is an upgrade to Equation
Editor, named MathType, and in MathType you have your choice of 3
toolbar sizes. MathType's medium and large toolbar size are both
larger than Equation Editor's toolbar size, which is MathType's
"small" size. MathType is available for sale, but there is a 30-day
full-featured evaluation that you can download and try. It will be
usable indefinitely, but will lose many of its features after 30 days.
At that time, it retains all the features of Equation Editor, plus a
few more, but toolbar size is one of the features that "MathType Lite"
(as it's called) lacks.

You can download the eval from the link in my signature if you'd like
to try it out.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide