Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] outridge2003@yahoo.com is offline

Default MS Word Headers

I would like to create a Word Template document with a header on page
1, a different header on page 2, another different header on page 3,
and then have that same header sequence repeat for subsequent pages.

What I want to do is import a flat text file with invoices in it into
an MS Word Template, 3 copies of each invoice. I need a different
header for each copy of each invoice. The first one will have graphics
and the text "CUSTOMER INVOICE", the second one will have graphics and
the text "INVOICE - INTERNAL COPY" and the third one will have graphics
and the text "PACKING SLIP".

Can this be done with Microsoft Word?

P.S. I can get the headers to do exactly what I want using the Even /
Odd pages option, but this only works for two pages, and I need a
different header for 3 pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you can do this with mail merge, then you're set, since a Letter type
merge starts a new section for each letter, so you start over with the First
Page Header, Even Page Header, and Odd Page Header.

oups.com...