Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lucky duck Lucky duck is offline

Default Lucky duck

i dont find meaning for the word Lucky Duck in MS Word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

A medium sized aquatic bird that has come into some good fortune??

"Lucky duck" Lucky duck @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
i dont find meaning for the word Lucky Duck in MS Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

It isn't a word, it is two words. Try typing it into Google for its meaning
and origins.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Lucky duck" Lucky duck @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
:i dont find meaning for the word Lucky Duck in MS Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And if you find the definition, then you are one.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
It isn't a word, it is two words. Try typing it into Google for its
meaning
and origins.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Lucky duck" Lucky duck @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
:i dont find meaning for the word Lucky Duck in MS Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Here is from
http://p211.ezboard.com/fwordorigins...14087.topi c:

"It rhymes. (Well, the roots do.)
Moreover, "duck" has a substantial history of being used to refer to
persons: as a term of endearment as far back as Shakespeare's time, and as
a slang term equivalent to "fellow", "chap", or "guy", back to the mid-19th
century. "Lucky duck" isn't listed in the OED, so I don't have any evidence
as to first use (without investing more time than I'm willing to in
searching old publications) but it seems to me that it's just an example of
the latter slang use, probably persisting because the rhyme makes it
euphonious, as DW points out. There's also the expression "odd duck",
meaning a strange or eccentric person, which seems to be another
manifestation of the same sense of "duck" = person."
--
Cheers
Robert