Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sanna Sanna is offline

Default Autonumbering aligned to the right of the column

I would like to autonumber formulas in my document. The formulas appear each
on one line (centered in this case), and the autonumber should appear to the
right of each formula, right-justified to the right of the column. Is this
possible and in that case how?

Ex:
left page margin formula or whatever [Eq. 1.1]right page
margin

Thanx in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sanna Sanna is offline

Thanks for the answer Suzanne, but I would like to auto-number the equations
through the style settings, with as little manual manipulations as possible.
I found an alternative answer at,

which however also suggests to manually insert something after each formula
- in this case a caption.

I would like to be able to do the following:
1. I format a style, like any auto-numbered style (Headings for example).
2. I apply that style to any line, and the number automatically appears at
the end of that line, with pre-set brackets, chapter and subchapter numbers
in front, etc, etc.

I found some general info about scientific publishing on,

http://research.microsoft.com/~jckru...publishing.htm

where it is suggested to insert a table for each formula. This would also
include a lot of extra work for each formula.

I understand if this is not possible to do with word.

Best regards
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can save a table as AutoText. And in fact, if you use Insert | Reference
| Caption to insert your captions and expect to create cross-references
based on them, you will need to use a table; otherwise, everything that is
in the same paragraph with the caption (i.e., the whole equation) will get
picked up in a cross-reference. So the usual solution is to create a
borderless table with a dummy equation and sample caption included and save
it as an AutoText entry.

I believe that MathType offers more sophisticated captioning techniques for
equations; see www.dessci.com.

"Sanna" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sanna Sanna is offline

Thank you, I think I'll get around with this answer.
Best regards