Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hammster Hammster is offline

Default List numbering loses indent

I'm using Word 2003 Version 11 and when I use numbered indents, the first 2
numbers indent just fine. Then the 3rd number goes back to the original
margin location. Subsequent numbers stay out at the margin and don't indent.
If I backspace the line up to the previous line and press return then the
indent takes.
Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hammster Hammster is offline

Suzanne. I have tried and tried to define the indent properly. (Whatever that
means) and I still have the problem. Tell me what "define the indent
properly" means. I've used the autonumbering style where you just select the
autonumbering and which style you want to use. It's not working. What else
can I try? Please give me details as to what to do to fix this.
Thanks.

"Hammster" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2003 Version 11 and when I use numbered indents, the first

2
numbers indent just fine. Then the 3rd number goes back to the original
margin location. Subsequent numbers stay out at the margin and don't

indent.
If I backspace the line up to the previous line and press return then the
indent takes.
Help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. Note
that the styles come first. Don't try to set this up through Format |
Bullets and Numbering. Start with Modify Style. Left, first-line, and
hanging indents for a numbered paragraph must be set in the Numbering
dialog, not in the Paragraph dialog (but you can set the right indent
there).

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You should be defining the indent properly in the style (Modify Style |
Format | Numbering).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.