Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Default landscape page quirk in portrait layout

I used section breaks to add two landscape pages in two different spots in a
portrait document. The first landscape one went in fine; the second one had a
quirk. The document layout that I am using is to print on one side; there is
no defining of odd/even pages. When I added the section breaks for the second
landscape page, it added the breaks as odd page, even though that is not what
I specified. I simply chose section break, next page.

I noticed the 1st landscape page I added happened to fall on an odd page.
The second landscape page however, ended up on an even page. Word kept
inserting a blank portrait page, with a page numbe on it, and making the
subsequent page the landscape one.

Since I could not figure out what was forcing the added page, I reflowed the
text in front of the landscape page so that the added page wasn't blank.

Has anyone else run into this and know why and how to eleimate the odd page
section break I didn't even choose?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word is much more likely to do this if it thinks you're going to duplex (if
you have chosen Mirror Margins, say, or enabled "Different odd and even"
headers and footers). It does it to accommodate the printer, which doesn't
like to print landscape on the back of portrait or vice versa. You *may* be
able to enforce your choice, however. With the insertion point in the
section that begins with an Odd Page break, go to the Layout tab of Page
Setup and select "New page" for the section start type.

"cayce" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce cayce is offline

Your suggestion worked. THANKS!

"cayce" wrote in message
[...]

Word: sideways page nos. on Landscape pgs. to match Portrait pgs. Darren Page Layout 2 June 21st 06 04:27 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Formatiing a doc that has portrait and landscape layout pages Jack Formatting Long Documents 2 January 11th 06 10:25 AM
landscape text & table on portrait page sali Page Layout 5 July 8th 05 10:11 PM
Page Layout for Page Numbers DL Freedman Page Layout 1 December 8th 04 10:17 PM