Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bebe bebe is offline

Default margins won't set properly in landscape

I have set my page orientation to landscape, but the text appears to be using
portrait margins. I can't get the text to go all the way across the page.
Also, when I center text, it centers for a portrait page, not a landscape
page. I set the margins to be at .46" from the right, but it's not going
nearly that far.

Can someone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab, see if there are any
indents defined. If so, change the values to 0 (zero).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bebe" wrote in message
I have set my page orientation to landscape, but the text appears to

be using
portrait margins. I can't get the text to go all the way across the

page.
Also, when I center text, it centers for a portrait page, not a

landscape
page. I set the margins to be at .46" from the right, but it's not

going
nearly that far.

Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Also, in File | Page Setup, verify that you have the correct paper
width and height.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bebe" wrote in message
I have set my page orientation to landscape, but the text appears

be using
portrait margins. I can't get the text to go all the way across

the
page.
Also, when I center text, it centers for a portrait page, not a

landscape
page. I set the margins to be at .46" from the right, but it's

not
going
nearly that far.

Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bebe bebe is offline

Thanks so much, Stefan. Unfortunately, neither of those inquiries worked. I
didn't have any indent set (it was at 0), and the page width & height appear
correct for landscape (width: 11; hgt: 8 1/2).

Any other ideas?