Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
zmurman zmurman is offline

Default Maximum Print Area Printing With Margins

Hello: I have a higher end laser printer that allows printing without margins
on a full sheet (full bleed). Other applications such as Adobe Reader will
print a full page no problem, but Word prints with margins. I've set the
margins to zero. A message box comes up saying "The margins of section 1 are
outside of the maximum print area. This doesn't happen with Adobe Reader. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Word works within whatever margins are reported by the printer driver. At
least some printers that support borderless printing default to some
non-zero border value: you need to go Printer Properties and specify that
you want borderless printing for that job.

"zmurman" wrote in message
Hello: I have a higher end laser printer that allows printing without
margins
on a full sheet (full bleed). Other applications such as Adobe Reader will
print a full page no problem, but Word prints with margins. I've set the
margins to zero. A message box comes up saying "The margins of section 1
are
outside of the maximum print area. This doesn't happen with Adobe Reader.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
zmurman zmurman is offline

Thanks for your reply. The odd thing is that other apps (adobe reader) print
the full page size and I'm assuming its the same print driver for them.

"zmurman" wrote in message
Hello: I have a higher end laser printer that allows printing without
margins
on a full sheet (full bleed). Other applications such as Adobe Reader will
print a full page no problem, but Word prints with margins. I've set the
margins to zero. A message box comes up saying "The margins of section 1
are
outside of the maximum print area. This doesn't happen with Adobe Reader.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
noman noman is offline

Not too sure what that means, but if I have one print driver, why would
different apps print out different margins if the margins are reported
by the print driver? I have selected borderless printing as suggested,
but still prints with margins in MS Word, other apps (using Reader as an
example) do not print with these margins, so my foolish assumption is
that this is a particular issue with ms word, or what assumption should
I make? and most importantly how can I resolve this issue so that I can
print borderless prints in ms word? Thanks for your replies.

"zmurman" wrote in message

Hello: I have a higher end laser printer that allows printing without
margins
on a full sheet (full bleed). Other applications such as Adobe Reader
will
print a full page no problem, but Word prints with margins. I've set
the
margins to zero. A message box comes up saying "The margins of section
1
are
outside of the maximum print area. This doesn't happen with Adobe
Reader.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Perhaps you didn't quite read the original post? Have you actually tried
starting Word, going to Print, then looking at the Printer Properties from
within Word?

"zmurman" wrote in message

Hello: I have a higher end laser printer that allows printing without
margins
on a full sheet (full bleed). Other applications such as Adobe Reader
will
print a full page no problem, but Word prints with margins. I've set
the
margins to zero. A message box comes up saying "The margins of section
1
are
outside of the maximum print area. This doesn't happen with Adobe
Reader.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
murman murman is offline

Yes, I read the post and yes have selected "Printer Properties and
specify
that
you want borderless printing for that job" that you suggested and

yes I am still getting borders. any suggestions?

"zmurman" wrote in message

Hello: I have a higher end laser printer that allows printing without
margins
on a full sheet (full bleed). Other applications such as Adobe Reader
will
print a full page no problem, but Word prints with margins. I've set
the
margins to zero. A message box comes up saying "The margins of section
1
are
outside of the maximum print area. This doesn't happen with Adobe
Reader.
Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Is the output you get from Word cropped or scaled? To test this, put a
rectangle of known dimensions in the middle of the page, then measure it on
the printed page.

If it's cropped, Word is doing it: your printer driver *IS* reporting margin
values. If it's scaled, it's happening at the printer end. One of my
printers (an Epson) automatically scales the image when you select
borderless printing unless you explicitly specify otherwise.