Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lamb Chop Lamb Chop is offline

Default how to remove all the hard return

Sometimes when I copy some text from website, and then paste it in word, I
end up with a word document with hard returns at the end of each line.

It runs into problem if I want to print them in smaller fonts. The whole
article will only occupy the left half of the paper.

Is there a way to rectify this problem such as removing these unnecessary
hard return?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

Use the Edit Replace dialogue.

Find what Left mouse click on More, Select Special
Paragraph mark.
Repace with Leave it blank.

Left mouse click Replace all.

You will then have to format the text.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"Lamb Chop" wrote in message
Sometimes when I copy some text from website, and then paste it in word, I
end up with a word document with hard returns at the end of each line.

It runs into problem if I want to print them in smaller fonts. The whole
article will only occupy the left half of the paper.

Is there a way to rectify this problem such as removing these unnecessary
hard return?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Lamb Chop,

Select the text where you want to remove the paragraph marks, and
then use Search and Replace:

In the Find what box, type the TWO characters ^p (para marker),
and in the Replace with box, type a single space.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Lamb Chop" wrote in message
Sometimes when I copy some text from website, and then paste it in word, I
end up with a word document with hard returns at the end of each line.

It runs into problem if I want to print them in smaller fonts. The whole
article will only occupy the left half of the paper.

Is there a way to rectify this problem such as removing these unnecessary
hard return?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It depends; sometimes there's already a space at the end of each line.
Another reason for displaying nonprinting characters so you can assess the
situation before acting.

"Lamb Chop" wrote in message
Sometimes when I copy some text from website, and then paste it in

word,
end up with a word document with hard returns at the end of each line.

It runs into problem if I want to print them in smaller fonts. The
whole
article will only occupy the left half of the paper.

Is there a way to rectify this problem such as removing these

unnecessary
hard return?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

I confess I am far less systematic than I should be. Thankfully there is
"Undo" for such events. As suzanne reminds, best to turn on normally
nonprinting characters before such editing.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User