Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles W. Charles W. is offline

Default new document problem....

When I click on the toolbar to open a new document I don't see the top and
bottom margins. The paper size is set for 81/2 x 11 but in print view it does
not show either margin. How can I set it so the margins will show?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Guess you have accidentally hit the Hide White Space toggle. Go to View and
untoggle it.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Charles W." wrote in message
When I click on the toolbar to open a new document I don't see the top and
bottom margins. The paper size is set for 81/2 x 11 but in print view it
does
not show either margin. How can I set it so the margins will show?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Move your cursor to the edge of the paper. when the cursor changes shape,
click.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Charles W." wrote in message
When I click on the toolbar to open a new document I don't see the top and
bottom margins. The paper size is set for 81/2 x 11 but in print view it
does
not show either margin. How can I set it so the margins will show?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The first time it happened to me, I nearly freaked. Then I Googled the
problem and found Suzanne's explanation of what happened.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Charles W." wrote in message
When I click on the toolbar to open a new document I don't see the top
and
bottom margins. The paper size is set for 81/2 x 11 but in print view
it
does
not show either margin. How can I set it so the margins will show?

Can't get Word 2003 to keep data file with mail merge main documen Yourcareercoach Mailmerge 9 August 10th 06 12:19 PM
Problem creating new document. LYNNS Page Layout 1 August 7th 06 04:25 PM
Mail Merge Data Question Tom Bean Mailmerge 7 May 26th 06 12:02 AM
Document Type Problem JoyceA Mailmerge 3 May 18th 06 11:19 AM
Problem printing Word document with embedded Excel worksheet jon Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 06 03:51 PM