Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MRied MRied is offline

Default Installing Equation Editor

I've tried unsuccessfully to install Equation Editor in my Office XP
professional file. I've even unistalled Office and reinstalled it . What's
going on? I'm using Windows XP home edition. Also, I have plenty of disk
space.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you did a default install of Office, Microsoft Equation 3 should appear
under the list of Objects when you select Object from the Insert menu.

If it is not there, you may need to go to the Control Panel, and click on
the Add or Remove Programs item and then select the Office software from the
list of Currently installed programs and updates and then select Change and
then locate the Equation Editor to install it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MRied" wrote in message
I've tried unsuccessfully to install Equation Editor in my Office XP
professional file. I've even unistalled Office and reinstalled it . What's
going on? I'm using Windows XP home edition. Also, I have plenty of disk
space.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MRied MRied is offline

"MRied" wrote:

I've tried unsuccessfully to install Equation Editor in my Office XP
professional file. I've even unistalled Office and reinstalled it . What's
going on? I'm using Windows XP home edition. Also, I have plenty of disk
space.

I had already tried what the first two responders suggested. It was all
unsuccessful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

I have not installed Office XP for a while so the details have faded.
However, I believe the default install has Equation Editor as one of the
items that "install on first use".

You can force an install by re-running Office setup from Conteol Panel
Add/Remove programs or from the CD and select a custom install. From
there, you will have to 'drill through' the settings until you lacate
equation editor on the options.

Let us know.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

"MRied" wrote in message
| I've tried unsuccessfully to install Equation Editor in my Office XP
| professional file. I've even unistalled Office and reinstalled it .
What's
| going on? I'm using Windows XP home edition. Also, I have plenty of
disk
| space.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MRied MRied is offline

"MRied" wrote:

I've tried unsuccessfully to install Equation Editor in my Office XP
professional file. I've even unistalled Office and reinstalled it . What's
going on? I'm using Windows XP home edition. Also, I have plenty of disk
space.

Thanks for all of the input. The problem has been solved. The default
installation of Office doesn't install the Tools package were Equation Editor
is placed. If you use custom installation, you have to click on complete and
it is installed.