Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
fkosmakos fkosmakos is offline

Default Just installed Word 2006-difficulty printing

I was happy to get the beta version and then needed to print two letters for
work.

Word 2006 shows the letter to be full page in print preview, and all other
settings seem correct, but it prints the letter in the upper left quarter of
the page. Luckily, I still have functionality with Word 2003 and was able to
print normally

Any clues?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

A big clue - there is no such thing as Word 2006.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"fkosmakos" wrote in message
I was happy to get the beta version and then needed to print two letters
for
work.

Word 2006 shows the letter to be full page in print preview, and all other
settings seem correct, but it prints the letter in the upper left quarter
of
the page. Luckily, I still have functionality with Word 2003 and was able
print normally

Any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The Beta 2 release of Word 2007 has a bug, or at least a disagreement
with a number of printer drivers, that causes either very small or
very large printing. It has been reported here dozens of times.

Please download and install the Beta 2 Technical Refresh from the
Microsoft Office site,
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den.
(It was just released a few days ago.) Then try printing again. If the
problem still exists, report it as a bug.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:20:02 -0700, fkosmakos
wrote:

OK. Word 2007. Any Clue?

"fkosmakos" wrote in message
I was happy to get the beta version and then needed to print two letters
for
work.

Word 2006 shows the letter to be full page in print preview, and all other
settings seem correct, but it prints the letter in the upper left quarter
of
the page. Luckily, I still have functionality with Word 2003 and was able
print normally

Any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Sorry - I've read some of the oddest things and you just can't tell these
days.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]