RWN

Default Watermark kills headers 97->'03

We recently upgraded from Off'97 to 2003.

When an attempt was made to add a watermark ("Draft") to a converted document consisting
of several sections it blew away the headers on all but the 1st section. I found that I
could get the headers back if, after inserting the watermark, I went to each section and
*reinstated* the "Same as Previous" notation (all the sections have a common header).

This would be ok except that these documents have about 15 sections each!.

We haven't tried the watermark feature on a document created in wd'03 yet but *assume* it
will work and the problem is somehow related to the documents being created in wd'97.

Clues?
--
Regards;
Rob

Jezebel

It's possible you're looking in the wrong place for the problem. Watermarks
do work in W2003. It might be that adding the watermark is not killing the
header but simply pushing the rest of it somewhere out of sight. Try adding
the watermark and setting it to floating behind text.

"RWN" wrote in message
[...]

RWN

I was basing my diagnosis on the fact that when I open the headers in sections 2+ the
"Same as previous" notation is gone and hence (I thought) the headers are gone.
The watermark works just fine (is throughout the document), just the headers are missing
in all the sections except the 1st.

I do not have experience (obviously) with watermarks, can you tell me about "...setting it
to floating behind text".

Thanks.
--
Regards;
Rob

"RWN" wrote in message
[...]

Jezebel

If 'same as previous' is not checked, then that section has its own header,
as opposed to using the header from the previous section.

Right-click the watermark, select properties, experiment with the options on
the Layout tab and the dialog displayed if you click the Advanced button.

"RWN" wrote in message
[...]

RWN

If 'same as previous' is not checked, then that section has its own header,
as opposed to using the header from the previous section.

I know. What I am saying (and not too clearly, I guess:-)) is that prior to adding the
mark the "same as previous" is present on all sections (the header is present throughout
the whole document). Once the mark is added the headers on all sections, except the 1st,
disappear.

Sorry if I'm not explaining this clearly enough.
--
Regards;
Rob