starsarebright

Default landscape error

Hello. I've recently installed Office 2000 on my new computer running Windows
XP. Since I've done this I've been having problems with landscape mode in
page setup.

When I try to put a page into landscape orientation, I get the following
error message: 'One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the
page. Choose the Fix button to increase the appropriate margins.'

If I choose Fix, the right margin is then set to 9.32 cm, leaving a large
space between the end of the text and the right hand edge of the paper. If I
choose Ignore, then in print preview the text is cut off after the 9.32 cm
mark, so there is still a large space.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

starsarebright

Hi, thanks for your reply.

If I ignore the message then the text is cut off around 9cm before the right
hand edge of the page - this is how it looks both in print preview and when
the document is printed.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Try this: go to Format | Columns and click the box for One (even if it
already appears to be selected). Also, another user reported getting this
message because the "From text" setting for line numbering had been set too
large.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What happens if you ignore the error message? Or see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ntableArea.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"starsarebright" wrote in

message
[...]

starsarebright

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately it's still not working.

Is Office 2000 usually compatable with Windows XP? Just that it was working
fine on Windows 98, but not since I've got this new computer with Windows XP.

Katie