Default Captions and Pictures in Word 2003

frame to contain the picture and the caption by adding the picture (in line
with text), followed by the caption and then selecting both and adding them
to a frame.

How do you get them into the frame once they're selected?

I could not find an "Insert Frame" option on the Insert Menu, and the Frame
toolbar just split the screen in half, but did not insert the selection.
Format Textbox has an option to convert to a frame. Do I need to insert the
graphic and caption into the text box and THEN convert it to a frame or is
there another way?

Thank you.