Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
M M is offline

Default Word 2007 - Headers and Footers

Please can someone tell me how I can change the Footer for each page as I
need a different text for each page, also can I have instructions for how to
change the Header too, its not needed for this current document I am working
on but is likely to be needed for future ones.

Thanks for your help, if this is not the correct group, please let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the header should reflect text that is on the page, you could insert
a STYLEREF field.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"M" wrote in message news
Please can someone tell me how I can change the Footer for each page

as I
need a different text for each page, also can I have instructions for

how to
change the Header too, its not needed for this current document I am

working
on but is likely to be needed for future ones.

Thanks for your help, if this is not the correct group, please let me

know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
M M is offline

Page one footer needs to read creative journey - nursery, page two creative
journey Yr 1 and so on.

"M" wrote in message news
Please can someone tell me how I can change the Footer for each page

as I
need a different text for each page, also can I have instructions for

how to
change the Header too, its not needed for this current document I am

working
on but is likely to be needed for future ones.

Thanks for your help, if this is not the correct group, please let me

know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this text is also on the page, apply a paragraph or character style
to it and then insert { STYLEREF "stylename here" } in the footer. To
insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Then type the code.
Press F9 to update. Press Alt+F9 to show/hide field codes, if necessary.

If the text is not on the page, you will need a section break at the end
of each page; then unlink footers and type in the text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"M" wrote in message news
Please can someone tell me how I can change the Footer for each

page
as I
need a different text for each page, also can I have instructions

for
how to
change the Header too, its not needed for this current document I

am
working
on but is likely to be needed for future ones.

Thanks for your help, if this is not the correct group, please let

me
know.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Stefan Blom wrote:
If the text is not on the page, you will need a section break at the
end of each page; then unlink footers and type in the text.

Or forget the header/footer and type it on the page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Stefan Blom wrote:
If the text is not on the page, you will need a section break at the
end of each page; then unlink footers and type in the text.

Or forget the header/footer and type it on the page.

Good point. Then you can format those paragraphs as "Page break before."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP