Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Krystal Krystal is offline

Default Save print settings in each document

Is there a way to save print settings within a Word 2007 document? It would
be nice in some situations to not have to reset everything everytime go to
print. Can print settings reside in the document itself?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately, no version of Word (so far) has had this much-requested
feature. I think the reasoning is that, unlike Publisher, which is rarely
networked (indeed, possibly cannot be), Word operates in settings where the
same document may be opened on a computer networked to a different printer
from the one specified, which would cause a conflict.

"Krystal" wrote in message
Is there a way to save print settings within a Word 2007 document? It

would
be nice in some situations to not have to reset everything everytime go

print. Can print settings reside in the document itself?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bishopbear bishopbear is offline

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"Krystal" wrote in message

Is there a way tosaveprintsettingswithin aWord 2007document? It

would
be nice in some situations to not have to reset everything everytime go

print. Can printsettingsreside in the document itself?

This is not true. Prior versions of Word would save the printer
settings, such as drawer selection, duplex, etc. It overrides the
printer's default settings. This was great. Word 2007 doesn't do this,
at least as far as I know. I'm still searching.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is not true. Prior versions of Word would save the printer
settings, such as drawer selection, duplex, etc. It overrides the
printer's default settings. This was great. Word 2007 doesn't do this,
at least as far as I know. I'm still searching.

No, you are mistaken. All versions of Word allow you to select a "paper
source" (drawer or tray for "First page" and "Other pages"); none allows you
to select the printer. And enabling (automatic) duplexing must be done in
the printer Properties, not in Word at all.

"bishopbear" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 21, 1:27 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Unfortunately, no version of Word (so far) has had this much-requested
feature. I think the reasoning is that, unlike Publisher, which is

rarely
networked (indeed, possibly cannot be), Word operates insettingswhere

the
same document may be opened on a computer networked to a

differentprinter
from the one specified, which would cause a conflict.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.