Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
EB21 EB21 is offline

Default Mailmerge and forms

I have created a form letter with form fields and merge fields. When I
protect the form I am unable to edit form fields once the merge completes.
The information is merging from AMS360 software. If I open the template in
Word we can use the form perfectly without merging the information. Any
suggestions? We would like to use the merged document to send out, but only
have form fields editable.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You will need to use VBA to create a "roll-your-own" substitute for mail
merge to accomplish this.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.