Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anderflash Anderflash is offline

Default includepicture with problems in mailmerge

If I use:
{includepicture "c:\folder1\folder2\photo.jpg"}
and save the document, the includepicture will become:
{includepicture "photo.jpg"}

And if the document is in c:\folder1\folder2\folder3, the includepicture
will become:
{includepicture "..\photo.jpg"}

Is there a solution to keep the absolute path? Because this absolute path is
a docproperty field with if field and others fields, besides the mergefield.
So, because this behaviour, I lose all my fields inside the includepicture.
And I don't want to include only photo.jpg, because the includepicture field
uses the curDir from the Word. So, if the user double-click the document, the
includepicture won't work. So, I want to (with VBA) include the absolute path
(and keeping it).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The correct syntax would be
{includepicture "c:\\folder1\\folder2\\photo.jpg"}
If you have the path c:\\folder1\\folder2\\ in a docproperty field
then
{ includepicture "{ DOCPROPERTY Path }Photo.jpg" }
or with merge
{ includepicture "{ DOCPROPERTY Path }{Mergefield Photo}.jpg"
or am I missing something here?

Anderflash wrote:
If I use:
{includepicture "c:\folder1\folder2\photo.jpg"}
and save the document, the includepicture will become:
{includepicture "photo.jpg"}

And if the document is in c:\folder1\folder2\folder3, the
includepicture will become:
{includepicture "..\photo.jpg"}

Is there a solution to keep the absolute path? Because this absolute
path is a docproperty field with if field and others fields, besides
the mergefield. So, because this behaviour, I lose all my fields
inside the includepicture. And I don't want to include only
photo.jpg, because the includepicture field uses the curDir from the
Word. So, if the user double-click the document, the includepicture
won't work. So, I want to (with VBA) include the absolute path (and
keeping it).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Brian Smither Brian Smither is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in news:e$h4BYP0HHA.4916
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

The correct syntax would be
{includepicture "c:\\folder1\\folder2\\photo.jpg"}

My similar problem is that even with the correct syntax, ie (all one line
but broken up to show the logic):

{ INCLUDEPICTURE
{ IF A 1
"D:\\images\\blueblock-v.gif"
"D:\\images\\space.gif" }
\* MERGEFORMAT }

Eventually at some point, the path collapses to:

"images/blueblock-v.gif"

And, eventually, the If..Then..Else also disappears leaving only:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "images/blueblock-v.gif" \* MERGEFORMAT }

I think this usually happens when I try to update the fields in the source
document during a "View Merged Data" preview of the records.

How do I stop this collapsing of the fields?

--
Remove INVALID from e-mail address.

Brian Smither
Smither Consulting
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Merge to a new document, select all (CTRL+A) then F9 to update. See
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

Brian Smither wrote:
"Graham Mayor" wrote in
news:e$h4BYP0HHA.4916 @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

The correct syntax would be
{includepicture "c:\\folder1\\folder2\\photo.jpg"}

My similar problem is that even with the correct syntax, ie (all one
line but broken up to show the logic):

{ INCLUDEPICTURE
{ IF A 1
"D:\\images\\blueblock-v.gif"
"D:\\images\\space.gif" }
\* MERGEFORMAT }

Eventually at some point, the path collapses to:

"images/blueblock-v.gif"

And, eventually, the If..Then..Else also disappears leaving only:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "images/blueblock-v.gif" \* MERGEFORMAT }

I think this usually happens when I try to update the fields in the
source document during a "View Merged Data" preview of the records.

How do I stop this collapsing of the fields?

INCLUDEPICTURE problems Thompson Mailmerge 7 June 9th 06 04:49 AM
More header help, please? IncludePicture with mailmerge Earl B Mailmerge 1 April 18th 06 06:38 PM
Problems with MailMerge with DBF HD Mailmerge 1 February 17th 06 05:05 PM
mailmerge problems Mim Mailmerge 1 August 24th 05 06:51 PM
Problems with Mailmerge and odc hals left Mailmerge 0 August 9th 05 08:27 PM