Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jackieblue Jackieblue is offline

Default Merging Excel to word. How to stop Date changing into US format.

I am currently merging details from an Excel spreadsheet into a Word Table.
I have tried everything to stop the date format changing for UK to US format.
I would prefer the long date format, eg 01-Oct-07, but cannot see how to
prevent it becoming 10/1/07. Suggestions much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jackieblue,

You can fix this by adding a date picture switch to the mergefield. To do so:
.. select the problem Word MERGEFIELD and press Shift-F9. You should see something like-
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate}
.. edit the field to look like-
{MERGEFIELD ExcelDate \@ "dd-MMM-yy"}
.. press F9