Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lupe Lupe is offline

Default Data validation in Word

Hi,
If I use Word as a data source is it possible to use data validation list as
in Excel.
I want to make the use of merge easier for the students, but if I cannot use
data validation list via data source in Word I have to go with Excel. If
anybody of you do know/have a solution, plse inform me.
Thanks, Lupe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Hi Lupe -

Word does not have the same type of Data Validation as Excel does. I
would suggest that you stick with Excel if you want to be sure that all
data entries meet the criteria that you define. Another alternative
would be to use Access - since even more control can be given over the
data entry process, however the learning curve is much higher.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Lupe" wrote in message
:

Hi,
If I use Word as a data source is it possible to use data validation list as
in Excel.
I want to make the use of merge easier for the students, but if I cannot use
data validation list via data source in Word I have to go with Excel. If
anybody of you do know/have a solution, plse inform me.
Thanks, Lupe

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/1/2007 10:20 AM