Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Barker[_2_] Ron Barker[_2_] is offline

Default Find what facility

For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find What window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste into the Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Barker[_2_] Ron Barker[_2_] is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Barker[_2_] Ron Barker[_2_] is offline

Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got used to
using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to use the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse; only
Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news
Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got used to
using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy and paste a
word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know not
what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to use the
mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still I do
not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste into
the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news
Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got used to
using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy and paste a
word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know not
what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to use the
mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find
What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still I
do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste into
the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any help.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It depends on the dialog - the Find dialog (CTRL+F/CTRL+H) is one that does
not respond to a right mouse click and as far as I can recall, never has.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news
Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got
used to using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy
and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know
not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to use
the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in
message ...
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find
What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still
I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste
into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any
help. Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It certainly works for the Find dialog box in Word 2007 (I currently don't
have any older versions to test).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom wrote:
Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context
menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse;
only Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got
used to using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy
and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know
not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to use
the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in
message ...
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the Find
What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but still
I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste
into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any
help. Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

OK apologies - it does work in 2007, but not in 2003, and as far as I can
recall not in the earlier versions either. The OP is using 2003.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context
menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse;
only Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got
used to using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy
and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know
not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to
use the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in
message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the
Find What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but
still I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste
into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any
help. Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It must definitely be new in 2007 because we would not have had so many
questions about pasting into the Find dialog if it could be done (in any
way) with the mouse. I can confirm that the context menu is not available in
Word 2003.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context
menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse;
only Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got
used to using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy
and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know
not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to
use the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in
message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the
Find What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but
still I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste
into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any
help. Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, apparently I don't make use of the context menus within dialog boxes
that often, since I hadn't even noticed that it wasn't available in the Find
& Replace dialog in older versions. :-)

And, of course, Ctrl+V is a lot faster.

--

Stefan Blom wrote:
Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context
menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse;
only Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got
used to using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy
and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know
not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to
use the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote:

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using Ctrl+V to paste?

"Ron Barker" wrote in
message
For some reason I am no longer able copy and paste into the
Find What
window.
I know there are other ways of using the find facility but
still I do not
understand why I can no longer copy a word or phrase and paste
into the
Find
What window. I am using word 2003. I would be grateful for any
help. Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed. That's why I can't tell you whether or not it worked in previous
versions, but I'm reasonably certain it did not.

Stefan Blom wrote:
Although you cannot drag and drop text into a dialog box, you should
certainly be able to right-click and choose Paste from the context
menu.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It has never been possible to paste into a dialog using the mouse;
only Ctrl+V works.

"Ron Barker" wrote in message
news Suzanne

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Ctrl+V works. I have got
used to using the mouse and suddenly I can no longer do so to copy
and paste a word
or phrase into the Find window. I must have done something, I know
not what,
to make this happen. I would like to know how to put be able to
use the mouse.

Kind regards

Ron Barker

"Ron Barker" wrote: