Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jess08 Jess08 is offline

Default Hidden text

I recently changed from Word 03 to Word 07. Everything was fine for about a
month, but now, when I look at my Word documents, the formatting is off, and
some text is hidden (unless I view it in Full Screen Reading). Even viewing
in in Full Screen does not prevent the document from printing with formatting
errors. Please help if you know something I don't! Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jess,

Can you be more specific in how the formatting is 'off' ?
Have you installed any add-ins or new or updated software recently?

Do you have a default printer selected
Office Button=Print=Print

==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jess08 Jess08 is offline

Hey Bob - When I say the formatting is "off" when I print, I mean that what I
see on my screen is different than what is printed. But my main concern is
not seeing the correct format in the first place. Example - I have many
transmittals saved to my computer. I opened a transmittal in a Word doc from
about 3 weeks ago. When I opened it, the format is not the same as the
original document. It is "off". So, when I view the doc in Full Screen, I can
see the "hidden" text that was there 3 weeks ago originally, but when I edit
in that screen, the actual document that prints out looks completely
different. What I am wondering is if there is a code encrypted that I am not
aware of? Please let me know if you need more info - I'd be happy to send a
picture of what I am viewing and what I should be viewing (ex-the doc from 3
weeks ago). Thanks for all your help!!

"Jess08" wrote in message ...
I recently changed from Word 03 to Word 07. Everything was fine for about a
month, but now, when I look at my Word documents, the formatting is off, and
some text is hidden (unless I view it in Full Screen Reading). Even viewing
in in Full Screen does not prevent the document from printing with formatting
errors. Please help if you know something I don't! Thank you!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Jess,

Yes, in this case having a link to a picture of the should be vs 'is' condition could be helpful
Not too easy to see from here what the differences would be from what you're used to seeing

What view are you working in and do you have hidden text set to display?

"Jess08" wrote in message news Hey Bob - When I say the formatting is "off" when I print, I mean that what I
[...]

text is not visible. Hidden text and white text not the problem suzie Microsoft Word Help 4 January 30th 08 08:15 AM
Way to hide text without hidden text font? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 6 December 11th 05 09:53 PM
Hidden text SusanC Microsoft Word Help 5 October 5th 05 03:57 PM
tc field codes, hidden text, takes up space even when hidden DJEB Microsoft Word Help 3 July 14th 05 12:39 PM
Hidden Text jerry h Tables 4 May 26th 05 09:53 PM