Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chris Mitchell Chris Mitchell is offline

Default How do I delete a custom created Auto Text Group and associated Paragraph Style?

I experimented with creating a new Paragraph Style in order to create a
customised Auto Text Group, which all went OK.
I have subsequently tried to delete my new PS in order to delete the ATG by
following the built in help,

Delete styles
Do one of the following:
Delete a style
1. If the Styles and Formatting task pane is not open, click Styles and
Formatting on the Formatting toolbar.
2. In the Styles and Formatting task pane, right-click the style you want to
delete, and then click Delete.

However I am unable to clear my test group from the AT dropdown.

Is there another way to do this?

TIA

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Chris Mitchell wrote:
I experimented with creating a new Paragraph Style in order to create
a customised Auto Text Group, which all went OK.
I have subsequently tried to delete my new PS in order to delete the
ATG by following the built in help,

Delete styles
Do one of the following:
Delete a style
1. If the Styles and Formatting task pane is not open, click Styles
and Formatting on the Formatting toolbar.
2. In the Styles and Formatting task pane, right-click the style you
want to delete, and then click Delete.

However I am unable to clear my test group from the AT dropdown.

Is there another way to do this?

TIA

Chris

Hi Chris,

You cannot delete a custom AutoText group just by deleting the style
associated with it. In fact, the existence (or not) of the style has nothing
to do with whether the group and its contents continue to exist; the style
is needed only to create more entries in the group.

Once the entries are created in the template, the only way to remove the
group is to delete all the entries that belong to the group.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman