Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
desgnr desgnr is offline

Default Template question

I have a Calendar template that has colored lines.
Is there anyway to change the color of the lines to black ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

desgnr wrote:
I have a Calendar template that has colored lines.
Is there anyway to change the color of the lines to black ?

I can't say for certain because I don't know what's in your template, but
most calendar templates in Word are built with tables. The lines are borders
of the table cells. So to change the color, you select the table and click
Format Borders and Shading. On the Borders tab of the dialog, make sure
the Apply To box says "Table" (not "Cell" or "Paragraph"). Then open the
Color dropdown and choose the black square (or, usually, Automatic is
equivalent to black).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
desgnr desgnr is offline

I can't select the table.
I attached the file for you to see.
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
desgnr wrote:
I have a Calendar template that has colored lines.
Is there anyway to change the color of the lines to black ?

I can't say for certain because I don't know what's in your template, but
most calendar templates in Word are built with tables. The lines are
borders
of the table cells. So to change the color, you select the table and click
Format Borders and Shading. On the Borders tab of the dialog, make sure
the Apply To box says "Table" (not "Cell" or "Paragraph"). Then open the
Color dropdown and choose the black square (or, usually, Automatic is
equivalent to black).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

A couple of points:

- Whenever you post a question in the newsgroups, it's important to mention
what version of Word you're using, especially because it's Word 2007 which
is very different from previous versions.

- You certainly should be able to select the table, in any of several ways
(place the cursor just above the top of the table so it's a black downward
arrow and click there; click on the little box with four arrows that appears
next to the table's toop left corner; or click anywhere in the table, go to
the Table Tools Layout ribbon, and click Select Select Table). In fact,
it turns out not to be necessary -- just click anywhere in the table. On the
Table Tools Design ribbon, click the down arrow on the Borders button and
choose Borders and Shading at the bottom of the menu.

- When the dialog appears, follow the steps I already listed below.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

desgnr wrote:
I have a Calendar template that has colored lines.
Is there anyway to change the color of the lines to black ?

I can't say for certain because I don't know what's in your
template, but most calendar templates in Word are built with tables.
The lines are borders
of the table cells. So to change the color, you select the table and
click Format Borders and Shading. On the Borders tab of the
dialog, make sure the Apply To box says "Table" (not "Cell" or
"Paragraph"). Then open the Color dropdown and choose the black
square (or, usually, Automatic is equivalent to black).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
desgnr desgnr is offline

It is Word 2007
Where do i find Table Tools ?
[...]

so all may benefit.

desgnr wrote:
I have a Calendar template that has colored lines.
Is there anyway to change the color of the lines to black ?

I can't say for certain because I don't know what's in your
template, but most calendar templates in Word are built with tables.
The lines are borders
of the table cells. So to change the color, you select the table and
click Format Borders and Shading. On the Borders tab of the
dialog, make sure the Apply To box says "Table" (not "Cell" or
"Paragraph"). Then open the Color dropdown and choose the black
square (or, usually, Automatic is equivalent to black).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
desgnr desgnr is offline

It is Word 2007
Where do i find Table Tools ?

desgnr wrote:
I have a Calendar template that has colored lines.
Is there anyway to change the color of the lines to black ?

I can't say for certain because I don't know what's in your
template, but most calendar templates in Word are built with tables.
The lines are borders
of the table cells. So to change the color, you select the table and
click Format Borders and Shading. On the Borders tab of the
dialog, make sure the Apply To box says "Table" (not "Cell" or
"Paragraph"). Then open the Color dropdown and choose the black
square (or, usually, Automatic is equivalent to black).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The Table Tools tab will appear on the ribbon only when the cursor is in a
table. (There are lots of these "contextual" tabs that appear only when a
corresponding object is selected in the document, such as picture tools,
text box tools, header/footer tools...) That's why I said "click anywhere in
the table" just before I mentioned Table Tools.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

desgnr wrote:
[...]