Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_13_] Steve[_13_] is offline

Default Envelopes and labels

I'm using Word 2000 and Outlook 2007. When I click the address book
icon in Word, comes up with Outlook Address Book and says "no entries
in this address book." When I click on Properties, nothing happens.
Is there some setting I need to change? Thanks!

--

The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none.

....Thomas Carlyle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is Outlook your default e-mail application?

If you click the Insert Address book icon have you selected Contacts in the
top right hand corner of the dialog?

Do you have Word 2007 and does it work corectly there? If it does it may be
that Word 2000 does not have all the required links to Outlook 2007 to
enable it to work correctly. I seem to recall that it wasn't always happy
with Outlook 2000. You could therefore try deleting the Outlook Address Book
and creating a new one in Outlook. This does not delete the contacts list,
but it does rebuild the address book and its links to the Contacts list.

Steve wrote:
I'm using Word 2000 and Outlook 2007. When I click the address book
icon in Word, comes up with Outlook Address Book and says "no entries
in this address book." When I click on Properties, nothing happens.
Is there some setting I need to change? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_13_] Steve[_13_] is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote:
I'm using Word 2000 and Outlook 2007. When I click the address book
icon in Word, comes up with Outlook Address Book and says "no entries
in this address book." When I click on Properties, nothing happens.
Is there some setting I need to change?

Is Outlook your default e-mail application?

No, I don't use Outlook for email.

--

The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none.

....Thomas Carlyle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_13_] Steve[_13_] is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote:
I'm using Word 2000 and Outlook 2007. When I click the address book
icon in Word, comes up with Outlook Address Book and says "no entries
in this address book." When I click on Properties, nothing happens.
Is there some setting I need to change?

Is Outlook your default e-mail application?

No, I don't use Outlook for email.

Then it won't work. Outlook must be default or Word looks elsewhere.

Thanks Terry. Ugh, typical Microsoft, what does email have to do with
contact addresses? No way to point Word to whatever program I want to
use for addresses?

--

The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none.

....Thomas Carlyle

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Steve,
1. The address book icon in Word 2000, I believe is searching for a personal
address book (*.PAB) file to get address information from. It cannot
retrieve this information from a *.PST file, which Outlook2007 uses.

2. You can open the Contact folder in Outlook2007, and initiate a Mail Merge
from there, after selecting the contacts you want to use.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate