Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rosa Fernandes Rosa Fernandes is offline

Default how to convert file extensions docx. to doc from office 2007 to 2.

I have a file written in Office2007 and I need to open with Office 2003. The
extension came as docx and I need to convert it to doc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Save As - change the file type.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rosa Fernandes" Rosa wrote in message
I have a file written in Office2007 and I need to open with Office 2003.
The
extension came as docx and I need to convert it to doc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rosa Fernandes[_2_] Rosa Fernandes[_2_] is offline

"Rosa Fernandes" wrote:

I have a file written in Office2007 and I need to open with Office 2003. The
extension came as docx and I need to convert it to doc.

Thanks JoAnn Paules but I found the converter on Microsoft Download Center,
as Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2007
file formats.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I wasn't sure if you needed others to be able to open your file or just
yourself. Some of us do not expect others to download anything special just
so they can see 2007 files. (I have peers who aren't real computer savvy. I
have to keep things as simple as possible when I'm sharing files with them.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rosa Fernandes" wrote in message

"Rosa Fernandes" wrote:

I have a file written in Office2007 and I need to open with Office 2003.
The
extension came as docx and I need to convert it to doc.

Thanks JoAnn Paules but I found the converter on Microsoft Download
Center,
as Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2007
file formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

One of the other advantages of the Compatibility pack is that it make the
new Office 2007 fonts available in previous versions too.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Rosa Fernandes" wrote:

I have a file written in Office2007 and I need to open with Office 2003.
The
extension came as docx and I need to convert it to doc.

Thanks JoAnn Paules but I found the converter on Microsoft Download
Center,
as Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2007
file formats.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] vidyachandar@gmail.com is offline

On Mar 23, 4:43*am, Rosa Fernandes Rosa
wrote:
I have a file written in Office2007 and I need to open with Office 2003. The
extension came as docx and I need to convert it to doc.

open the file in office 2007 and then save it as RTF file (with a
different name). The said RTF file can be opened in earlier version of
word.