Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

Default Can I import a scanner?

I have Word 2007
I want to scan a chapter from a book, which is 4 pages, in the editing (optical reader) format. I have this with my Lexmark All in One printer/scanner.

When I scan graphics, I can use Paint Shop Pro and IMPORTTWAIN and scan pictures and have them keep coming up (piling up) on the screen till I'm done and can go over them. Rather than scanning them just with the Lexmark software, and have them open in PSP one at a time.

I haven't done much scanning to edit, but it seems like I have to do it one page at a time (using the Lexmark software) and it then sends each page to Word (I have it set to send to) where I then have to copy and paste and put it all together in one file.

Is there a way to import the scanner (optical reader -editable text )directly into Word picking it up from the scanner like I can do with images and Paint Shop Pro?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

wrote:

[...]

so all may benefit.

Thanks!

Scanner and RTF files JM Microsoft Word Help 1 April 2nd 06 06:11 AM
how do save-as from scanner to cd? GMAROSE62 New Users 1 February 23rd 06 08:00 AM
scanner gaby8 Microsoft Word Help 0 December 7th 05 09:30 PM
scanner and camera Zambone Microsoft Word Help 3 April 27th 05 02:48 PM
how do I import a document from Canon MP360 scanner mc.zip Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 04 01:22 AM