Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaggieL MaggieL is offline

Default Figure numbering not in sequence

Hello, I'm correcting a document that someone else has created and many have
maintained over the years. There's several things wrong and here's one.
There's several figures in the document. The one's numbered Figure 1-1 to
Figure 2-5 are ok. Then after Figure 2-3 there's a picture with a caption of
Figure - Edit Menu. I tried to delete the capton but it doesn't go away. I
tried to Insert Caption and the next caption begins with Figure 6. How do I
get the sequence corrected?

Thanks, Maggie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is Track Changes on? If so, numbering will not be correct until you've
accepted the changes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP