Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
maurice maurice is offline

Default Word Count

Is there a way to get a word count for hightlighted sections? Please advise
for Word 2003 and 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Maurice,
2003
First select all the highlighted text. Do this using Edit - Search, click on
the more button in the search dialog, click on format button, choose
highlight, check the box Highlight all items found, click on find all, Word
will indicate how many highlighted words have been found. Then you can do a
word count, using Tools - Word count.
2007
On the Home tab, in the edit section click on Search button, click More,
Format button, choose Highlight ... ..., to count the words, click on the
Review tab, Proofing group, Word count button.
--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
Is there a way to get a word count for hightlighted sections? Please
advise
for Word 2003 and 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Why are you suggesting a search? I find that if I select text and choose
Tools - Word Count, that then tells me how many words are in the selection.
The selected sections do not have to be contiguous (press Ctrl and drag to
select additional areas if desired). In Word 2007, Review tab - Word Count
does the same thing for selected text. Edit - Search isn't needed... unless
you're reading the question differently from me.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Herb,
I thought the poster meant, count the words which have been highlighted
using the highlighter tool on the formatting toolbar, next to the text color
button. Sorry if I misread the question.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
blog: www.sixtiesfan.multiply.com/
"Herb Tyson [MVP]" schreef in bericht

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Herb,
I'm not a native English speaker so I have been known to misinterpret a

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It's often difficult for native speakers, as well, since "highlight" has a
number of different possible meanings. Not everybody uses Word's own
standard vocabulary. So, when I say "highlight", someone else might think I
mean "select", while a Word guru would usually think I mean to use the
highlighter tool.

....and we won't even talk about words like too, two, to, too-too and tutu.
;-)