Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Roy[_5_] Roy[_5_] is offline

Default Text in docx document disappearing

Hi all,
I have a word document (docx) which I occasionaly add text to. It's
password protected.

I add the text, click save & close the document. I then open it up again to
check that the work is still there & has been saved. (which it has.)

However, when I open it again later the added text has gone. At first I
thought it was me imagining it but it has happened on many occasions.

I also save a backup copy of the work & that has changed also. Is this a
known problem with password protected documents?

I look forward to any sugestions that you can give me.

Regards,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Definitely not normal. Are you working from a server with Shadow Copy
enabled. It sounds like you are opening the previous version or some
incompatible application/utility is forcing open a previous version. It
definitely isn't a normal Word 2007 problem.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Roy" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a word document (docx) which I occasionaly add text to. It's
password protected.

I add the text, click save & close the document. I then open it up again
check that the work is still there & has been saved. (which it has.)

However, when I open it again later the added text has gone. At first I
thought it was me imagining it but it has happened on many occasions.

I also save a backup copy of the work & that has changed also. Is this a
known problem with password protected documents?

I look forward to any sugestions that you can give me.

Regards,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Roy

It's not necessarily the wrong newsgroup. I hope I haven't suggested that in
my reply. I was trying to get more information about your working
environment such as is this in a server environment or a standalone PC, etc?

Terry

"Roy" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a word document (docx) which I occasionaly add text to. It's
password protected.

I add the text, click save & close the document. I then open it up again
check that the work is still there & has been saved. (which it has.)

However, when I open it again later the added text has gone. At first I
thought it was me imagining it but it has happened on many occasions.

I also save a backup copy of the work & that has changed also. Is this a
known problem with password protected documents?

I look forward to any sugestions that you can give me.

Regards,
Roy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Roy[_5_] Roy[_5_] is offline

Sorry Terry, I read it with brain dissengaged.

It's a standalone PC.

I have cut & pasted all of the text into a new document. So far it's been
ok. But I did try this in the past & it only worked for a while.

Thanks for the reply.