Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Inserting Fames and Pictures

You don't need to insert a picture in a frame in order to drag it around,
you set the layout property of the picture (right click properties) to
something other than in line with text, which moves it from the text layer
to the graphics layer.

G.G. Biggar, Jr. wrote:
Recently, I had to restore my Office 2000. Traditionally, when I
would work with pictures and frames, I would first prepare the
picture in Photoshop. Once to the size that I wanted, I would insert
it into my Word document, using Insert\Picture\From file.

Then, to move the picture about the page easily, I would place the
picture within a frame by first dragging the mouse vertically down
the left side of the page (by the side of the picture); this would
highlight the picture in black and white relief. Then, I would click
on Insert\Frame, etc. Now, when I do this, there is no Frame option
under the Insert tab.

Where did it go?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As Graham says, you no longer need a frame to do this, but frames are handy
for other things. There's an Insert Frame button on the Forms toolbar, but
you can add it to any other toolbar or restore it to the Insert menu using
Tools | Customize.

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Recently, I had to restore my Office 2000. Traditionally, when I would
work
with pictures and frames, I would first prepare the picture in Photoshop.
Once to the size that I wanted, I would insert it into my Word document,
using Insert\Picture\From file.

Then, to move the picture about the page easily, I would place the picture
within a frame by first dragging the mouse vertically down the left side
of
the page (by the side of the picture); this would highlight the picture in
black and white relief. Then, I would click on Insert\Frame, etc. Now,
when I do this, there is no Frame option under the Insert tab.

Where did it go?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Tools Customize Commands All Commands InsertFrame - drag to wherever
you want it.

G.G. Biggar, Jr. wrote:
Because I often place titles, or captions, with the pictures/graphs
that I am importing, I find it easier to move the chart and caption
together as a unit. I think that it was Suzanne who showed me this
technique a few years back when I was writing a book on Model "A"
Fords.

I have found the Insert Frame tab under the Forms toolbar, as you
stated. I can place it either separately on the toolbar on top or,
if I wish to place it under the Insert tab, how do I accomplish that?

Gordon Biggar

"G.G. Biggar, Jr." wrote in message
Recently, I had to restore my Office 2000. Traditionally, when I
would work with pictures and frames, I would first prepare the
picture in Photoshop. Once to the size that I wanted, I would insert
it into my Word document, using Insert\Picture\From file.

Then, to move the picture about the page easily, I would place the
picture within a frame by first dragging the mouse vertically down
the left side of the page (by the side of the picture); this would
highlight the picture in black and white relief. Then, I would
click on Insert\Frame, etc. Now, when I do this, there is no Frame
option under the Insert tab.

Where did it go?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Gordon Biggar
Houston, Texas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
G.G. Biggar, Jr. G.G. Biggar, Jr. is offline

Is there a way to place the Insert Frame reference under the Insert tab
(i.e., as part of the drop down menu), as opposed to adding the Insert Frame
option to the toolbar itself? I had it that way before, and it takes up
less space on the toolbar, which is crowded as it is.

GGB

G.G. Biggar, Jr. wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
G.G. Biggar, Jr. G.G. Biggar, Jr. is offline

It's a small point, but:

When one drags the reference to the toolbar, placing it, for example, over
the Insert tab, the reference is placed alongside the Insert tab when the
mouse button is released, and the reference does not become a member of the
dropdown list under the Insert tab. However, if one continues to drag the
reference down through the items shown in the dropdown menu, it will then be
placed there when the mouse button is released.

Again, a small point for those who may be in the habit of doing such on a
regular basis.

GGB

G.G. Biggar, Jr. wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Hover over the menu and wait for it to open, then move down and drop the
command where you want it.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

G.G. Biggar, Jr. wrote:
[...]

Inserting pictures, pictures cluster when typing Don Microsoft Word Help 5 April 10th 07 09:58 PM
Inserting pictures Superscrew Microsoft Word Help 2 October 12th 05 07:55 PM
Inserting pictures Superscrew Microsoft Word Help 1 October 11th 05 09:43 PM
Inserting Pictures Zee Page Layout 1 March 22nd 05 10:35 PM
Inserting pictures Tech Man Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 04:53 PM