Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jeannictakis jeannictakis is offline

Default merge word documents into one without changing page numbers

I have four files I want to merge into one. Each file has different page
numbers that I want to keep (one file has sequential numbers, another has
roman numerals, one file does not have numbers, etc.) I don't want those to
change when I merge the files. How do I accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

At the end of the first document, insert a Section Break, Next Odd Page.
Then go to the end and you should be in the first (empty) page of the new
section. View Headers and Footers and make sure that the H&F is NOT linked
to previous. Then go back into the body of the empty page and use Insert
File and select the next document. Then repeat for the other documents. Each
should insert with its own Headers and Footers and therefore retain its own
numbering scheme.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP