Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
JimB JimB is offline

Default Row height problem

I'm trying to make a table to match a sheet of precut labels. they are 1"
wide and 2" high and there are 40 on a sheet. I haven't found a template for
them on the web. My table works quite well except that, when printed, the
height of each row increases a little as you go down the sheet. This results
in the last row being out of sync with the labels by about 1/8". I have the
row height set for 2" exactly, but this dosen't seem to do the job.
I would appreciate any suggestions or, if some one can point me to a
tempelate by Avery or others, that would be great.
Thanks, Jim Birke
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Krystyne Krystyne is offline

Here's a link to Avery's label templates:

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Templates-&-Software

--
Krystyne

"JimB" wrote:

I'm trying to make a table to match a sheet of precut labels. they are 1"
wide and 2" high and there are 40 on a sheet. I haven't found a template for
them on the web. My table works quite well except that, when printed, the
height of each row increases a little as you go down the sheet. This results
in the last row being out of sync with the labels by about 1/8". I have the
row height set for 2" exactly, but this dosen't seem to do the job.
I would appreciate any suggestions or, if some one can point me to a
tempelate by Avery or others, that would be great.
Thanks, Jim Birke

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Assuming that you have set up the table with dimensions that match those of
the label, the problem is probably that your printer is not capable of
accurately handling the label stock. If you print to a plain sheet of
paper, is everything then aligned correctly (or more correctly)

Inability to accurately handle label stock is a common occurence with
low-end ink-jet printers.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Row height Purplejopeg Tables 1 October 10th 07 04:35 PM
Line space (or height) problem Geopla Microsoft Word Help 1 April 23rd 07 12:19 AM
Page Height Problem rickp3131 Page Layout 1 January 13th 06 01:06 PM
row height zenjhen Microsoft Word Help 1 December 6th 04 09:03 PM
Row height problem with table in table Stephanie T. Tables 0 November 23rd 04 04:35 PM