Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kokomojo Kokomojo is offline

Default How do I find specific Table Styles quickly in Word 2007

I'm using Table Styles in Word 2007. They don't seem to be organized in any
coherent manner; not alphabetical (like fonts), not by color (like design
templates in PowerPoint). Is there any way to quickly find a Table Style
like Colorful Grid - Accent 1 quickly without spending 10 minutes going
through all of the styles? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:35:03 -0700, Kokomojo
wrote:

I'm using Table Styles in Word 2007. They don't seem to be organized in any
coherent manner; not alphabetical (like fonts), not by color (like design
templates in PowerPoint). Is there any way to quickly find a Table Style
like Colorful Grid - Accent 1 quickly without spending 10 minutes going
through all of the styles? Thanks.

If you use just one or a few table styles repeatedly, you can assign a keyboard
shortcut to apply a table style.

To create a keyboard shortcut in Word 2007, go to Office button Word Options
Customize and click the Customize button at the bottom of the dialog. Choose
"Style" in the category list, choose the style you want, enter a shortcut, and
click the Add button and then OK.

I'm not sure if this is the way it's supposed to work, but the table styles
won't appear in the list in the shortcut dialog until they've been used at least
once in the current document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman